NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Hot Pink
Check back soon!
lotto sole winner from las pinas michael jackson susan boyle lady gaga american idol storm genderless
Monday, March 30, 2009
Golden Wheat- a shade for light skin with slightly yellow undertones & some pink.
Cornsilk- for light-medium skin, with neutral and yellow undertones. (for Asians and Latins)
Beige- light-medium shade. Great balance -slightly darker than Golden Wheat.
I asked them to have one of the sample sets gift-wrapped. It's one of the options they offer with no extra cost. It looked like this, wrapped in metallic red ribbon, and i gave it away as a small present.
They claim that their products are free of preservatives, bismuth, talc, dyes, parabens, carmine and fragrances. And most of all, just like most mineral makeup companies, their products are cruelty free- and no animal testing. =)
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I know it sounds kinda funny that I could possibly think a mascara looks or sounds sexy, but this product does to me!
What is Special with This Mascara?
- The Grip & Extend brush grasps each lash and coats from every angle
- Elastic formula stretches lashes for provocative length
- Pro-Vitamin B-5 formula conditions and smoothes for black-patent shine
- Contact lens safe and Ophthalmologist tested
Available in three shades: Very Black, Soft Black and Brownish Black
Recommended Use (as per packaging):
- Sweep Grip and Extend Brush upwards from root to tip to grasp each lash and coat from every angle to achieve extreme length and shine
- Continue building lashes until you reach your desired look
- Do not let dry between coats
- Repeat for lower lash line
- Removes easily with soap and water
- For a truly dramatic, wide-eyed look, curl your lashes with eyelash curler before applying mascara
Recently I had the opportunity to try Lash Stiletto in Very Black and I love it. After a few days of wearing this mascara, here is my review.
The packaging is fabulous; so classy and it is actually shaped like a stiletto (the heels)! The wand is defined enough to get EVERY lash and it is small enough to give a good control. I can finally go after the lashes closest to the inner corners of my eyes without poking them and causing teary eyes!
The mascara really does a nice job of lengthening lashes and adding volume. My lashes were thicker, but not clumpy. It is good in giving a natural curl and keeping my lashes separate. I didn't experience flaking or smudging with Lash Stiletto. Best of all, it doesn’t cause my eyes to become itchy. I am highly impressed with this mascara.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Wherever and however you travel, you don't want to trade precious clothing space in your suitcase for a giant can of hairspray or your favorite shampoo. Having a perfectly planned travel beauty kit would wipe all your concerns away-- and leave room for another pair of shoes! Here are some ideal travel-sized essentials.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Sample Kit (in jars): $5.00
Sample Kit (in bags): $3.50
Shipping (First Class International USPS): $2.50
Total (payment thru Paypal): $11.00
Plus $0.75 (P35.00) Philippine Postal Fee (grrr..)
Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Premium grade serecite (colorless mica), Iron Oxide.
I got Blush of Youth and Peaches n Cream. A little dusting of blush in the apples of the cheeks gives a lil color and depth (not flat!) The blushes have enough sheen for a radiant glow. For me, Blush of Youth is a reminiscent of my favorite blusher/bronzer- E.L.F. Glow, but the former is a bit darker.
Earthen Glow Minerals offers four (4) Mineral Foundation formulas:
- Youthful Glow- Offers medium coverage with a natural and Youthful Radiant Glow.
- Cover Me- Heaviest mineral foundation, providing a beautiful, natural finish with the slightest Glow.
- Light & Natural- Feather light coverage, Mineral foundation. Rice Based Formula. Light coverage, Matte finish, good for oily skin.
- Liquid Minerals- A natural liquid mineral foundation that contains Primrose oil, it provides medium coverage with a matte finish.
These foundations cover a wide range of complexions, and it is interesting to note that Earthen Glow Minerals have more than a hundred shades available that are categorized into four groups:
- Beige - Neutral Family
- Cool - Olive family
- Yellow Family
- Warm - Peach Family
Here’s what I got:
Youthful Glow Foundation:
Medium coverage with a natural youthful glow, producing that beautiful natural look.
Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Oxides, May contain Ultramarine Blue oxides.
Adya (Yellow Family)
Mailee (Yellow Family)
Sung (Yellow Family)
Janelle (Cool and Olive Family)
Light & Natural Foundation:
Melissa (Yellow Family)
The texture and feel is not chalky, instead, it glides smoothly and I feel like it melts onto my skin quite nice, it reminds me of Lumiere (one of my HG foundations). It’s just the way I want the finish: dewy, radiant, and with “youthful glow”. However, use a proper concealer if you need to cover up blemishes. It caters those who prefer medium coverage. It is not that longwearing but I think a makeup primer would solve this.
High Definition Pro
Ingredients: Silica Micro spheres, Micas.
Ordinary Foundation: 6 to 12 months
Mineral Foundation: No expiration date as long as kept dry
Traditional Blush: Powder: 2 years, Cream: 1 year
Mineral Blush: No expiration date as long as kept dry
Traditional Eye Shadow: 2 years, Cream: 6 to 12 months
Mineral Eye shadow: No expiration date as long as kept dry
Mascara: 3 months
Lipstick: 2 years
No bumps or allergic reactions were experienced with the foundation and finishing powder. Despite the spillage experience, Earthen Glow Minerals has become one of my favorite mineral makeup available online.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
My friend Ron (In My Own Words) has tagged me with this “Right Now Tag”. So before I get back to my pending mineral makeup reviews, let’s do this right now!
Read more at this link.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Honest Scrap Award for the makeup reviews? I am not sure exactly why Kuya Goddy bestowed this award to me.. But to quote the requirements of this award:
Now, here are the 10 honest things about me:
- I have an Ophidiophobia (fear of snakes), I can’t even seem to look at their pictures, and just a thought of snake makes my heart beats fast.
- I used to be afraid of mascots (yes, mascots like Jollibee)
- I used to have a very low self-esteem during high school and my early years in College.
- I would agree that crocs (footwear) are comfortable, but i really find them strange looking and ugly.
- My heart was broken so many times and even went through (and survived!) some emotional breakdowns.
- I dreamed of joining the military, or become an FBI agent or a (sexy) police officer. But having said that, I knew it can’t be because…. (#7)
- I’m clumsy… I don’t engage much on sports (I’m a dancer, tho)
- I've been crying silently for two consecutive nights now. Long story. =(
- I have a high appreciation to arts and music, but a frustrated musician. My late father was the vocalist of a band specialized in Spanish songs and traveled some parts of the world, he also played acoustic guitar, harmonica and other musical instruments (I wish I can be like him).
- I still “google” the names of my ex-crushes (just curious where are they now). LOL
To complete the requirements, I would like to pass this award to 7 bloggers I believe who are deserving of this award:
Rick of "Rick's World"
Melskiens of "Open Space"
Diana of "Paper Doll Revenge"
Aika of "Diary Of A Recessionista"
Kimberly of "Bat Your Eyelashes"
Monday, March 9, 2009
For many young girls, Barbie have become their first association with fashion and dressing up and changing clothes.
Barbie was classified as one of the important dolls promoting the latest trend in fashion dolls. The first ever Barbie doll created in March 9, 1959 wore an eye-popping black and white zebra striped swimsuit, signature topknot ponytail, and timeless open-toed heels and sold in the market in two ways – blonde or brunette.
The first Barbie dolls released are said to have mirrored the style of icons like Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor. From then on, Barbie doll becomes a dream of every little girl.
I researched and found some Barbie trivia:
- Barbie's full name is "Barbie Millicent Roberts."
- Her parents' names are given as George and Margaret Roberts from the fictional town of Willows, Wisconsin.
- Her immediate family after 1992: SKIPPER (sister), STACIE & TODD (twin sister & brother), KELLY (baby sister)
- The original Barbie was named for a real young lady from California named Barbara Handler. Barbie, the teen fashion doll that debuted in 1959 was created by Barbara's mom, Ruth Handler (1916-2002), she named the doll after her daughter.
- The first Barbie cost $3.
- At first, Barbie was a teenaged fashion model, but she's had over 100 careers since then, from astronaut to a medic in Desert Storm. She also represented different countries all over the world.
The "Filipina Barbie" wearing Philippine ethnic clothes
- Today, more than 1 billion Barbie's have been sold. Mattel Toy Company, the company behind the production and evolution of Barbie dolls in the market, is claiming that three Barbie dolls are sold every second around the world.
- The Ken doll was named for Ruth and Elliot Handler's son.
Ken became Barbie's boyfriend in 1961, but they split up on Valentines Day 2004. The Ken doll then had a huge makeover as toy makers Mattel say he's desperate to get Barbie back.
- Barbie’s first pet was a horse called Dancer.
- Barbie didn't have a belly button until 2000.
- Barbie's vital statistics have been estimated at 36 inches (chest), 18 inches (waist) and 33 inches (hips). (WOW!)
Barbie is hitting the big Five-O, tho she shows no signs of losing her body, her face -- or her sense of style. Barbie has remained the ultimate fashionista!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Cherry flavored gloss with iridescent glitter for a gorgeous grin
With a minimum order of £10, use code E148 at check out to receive a
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Eyeko has an irresistible line of make-up must haves with a Manga twist and Japanese flavor, which make it one of my favorite brands. Take a peek on my recent purchases from Eyeko..
Eyeko Eye Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Shadows
I ordered "Pretty Eyes" palette with strips of five different shades of pastel pinks, lilac and iridescent white, all neatly lined up in a tin can packaging. It actually reminded me of Pop Beauty Eye Cake Palettes.
Colors are fun to mix and match. They are easy to blend, soft and sheen. However, the color pay-off is recommended to those who prefer a barely-there makeup look (i.e. students).
Use a primer to keep the colors last the whole day.
Also available in these color palettes:
- Cool Eyes: greys, dark blue, and purple shades
- Sexy Eyes: subtle peach, bronze, khaki and pink shades
Price: £5 each
Eyeko Fat Balm (in Strawberry)
(in Make Out Girl)
This is Eyeko's best-selling product, and my favorite too. Some use this sparingly as a highlighter, but actually you can use this as an all over face cream and works like a sheer foundation. With the right application, it creates a flawless base and it's not shimmery at all.
Application should be quick because it dries easier than some facial moisturizers. You may also want to put your ordinary moisturizer first so you could spread Eyeko cream evenly. I noticed better results when paired with Eyeko's Fat Balm in strawberry shade.