Upcoming Posts

NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Hot Pink
Skin Food Mushroom Multi BB Cream





Check back soon!










lotto sole winner from las pinas michael jackson susan boyle lady gaga american idol storm genderless






Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vanity's Child: Honest Scrap Awardee

This is an overdue acknowledgment of the first ever award that I received for this blog. I am honored to receive this Honest Scrap Award from A Friend Named Goddy. I want to thank its brilliant author Goddy for including Vanity’s Child in his list of blogs, deserving of the Honest Scrap Award.

Honest Scrap Award for the makeup reviews? I am not sure exactly why Kuya Goddy bestowed this award to me.. But to quote the requirements of this award:

“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”

As the recipient of this Honest Scrap Award comes with some requirements before I can pass this along to another fellow blogger. Again, quoting from Kuya Goddy’s blog, here are the requirements:

“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”


Now, here are the 10 honest things about me:
  1. I have an Ophidiophobia (fear of snakes), I can’t even seem to look at their pictures, and just a thought of snake makes my heart beats fast.
  2. I used to be afraid of mascots (yes, mascots like Jollibee)
  3. I used to have a very low self-esteem during high school and my early years in College.
  4. I would agree that crocs (footwear) are comfortable, but i really find them strange looking and ugly.
  5. My heart was broken so many times and even went through (and survived!) some emotional breakdowns.
  6. I dreamed of joining the military, or become an FBI agent or a (sexy) police officer. But having said that, I knew it can’t be because…. (#7)
  7. I’m clumsy… I don’t engage much on sports (I’m a dancer, tho)
  8. I've been crying silently for two consecutive nights now. Long story. =(
  9. I have a high appreciation to arts and music, but a frustrated musician. My late father was the vocalist of a band specialized in Spanish songs and traveled some parts of the world, he also played acoustic guitar, harmonica and other musical instruments (I wish I can be like him).
  10. I still “google” the names of my ex-crushes (just curious where are they now). LOL

To complete the requirements, I would like to pass this award to 7 bloggers I believe who are deserving of this award:


11 comments:

Ron Centeno said...

Hey Czel,

Congratulations on the long overdue award. Don't forget you have a tag to pick up from me. Hehehehehe!

What's the matter? If there's anything I can do or if you need someone to listen here's my email. roncenteno11@yahoo.com

Don't worry about guys. I'm sure your prince charming is just lurking in the corner.

Be happy!

Kuya Ron.

Rick said...

That is so cool! Thank You so much!
My first award ever.
I will honor the tradition and my responsibility with an upcoming post in the near future.
(in your 10 honest things, I still do #10 myself too...)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kuya Ron,

Thank you and wait for my e-mail.. hehehe.. Joe D'Mango ikaw ba yan? =)

Don't worry i'm feeling okay now. It's just that sometimes, life gives us some reasons to cry or just to be lonely.

Btw, i already have my prince charming with me.

Czel said...

Rick, i think your blog really deserves the award. And thanks for "following" this blog. It's an honor, sir..

-melskiens- said...

"Honestly," Thank you Czel for the award and for the faith in choosing Open Space of all the many blogs around...i'l try to have a chain on this.Tell to your good friend goddy that this is a nice idea...i'll try to make a post out of this very soon...thanks and God Bless as well...

- - aika - - said...

thanks sis :*:*:*

Tina said...

Congratulations! Love ur site=)

paperdollrevenge said...

Hey Czel! What a sweet award! Thank you for choosing me. I hope you won't be crying anymore though! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Congratulations for your award!
Sexy police officer?
That one thing I want to see.
See you around.

Anonymous said...

how funny! i google my past too.. Lol

Czel said...

thanks tina!

lunaticg: yes, once in a while, i still wish i can be a sexy police officer or like one of the Charlie's Angels. ;)

Kalila: I know it's funny. lol. And even more funny when you found out that your ex/past love or crush has ended up with someone you never thought he would end up with. =)

thanks for dropping by..