If you feel as though you don’t have time in the morning to put on makeup, try to remember how even one sweep of lip-gloss makes you feel about yourself and what it does to boost your self confidence, and that feeling is worth 5 minutes, every day!
Here are the steps you can follow to apply your makeup in as fast as five minutes (or less):
- Dot some moisturizer (choose the one with SPF). It is recommended that you wait for a few minutes so that the skin will absorb the moisturizer, but there will be times when we simply don’t have the time.
- Use concealer under eyes, pimple marks, scars, and other skin discolorations.
- Apply foundation and blend.
- Put on blush and blend. I find powder blushes the easiest to apply.
- Apply your favorite eye shadow. (in this case, just one color and a light coverage is what you need)
- Apply mascara to lashes.
- Using a brow pencil, apply color to brow bone and blend.
- Color your lips with lipstick and/or lip-gloss. (A lip brush gives a better application and takes no more time than lipstick straight from a tube)
- Powder your nose and t-zone with loose powder/ finishing powder.
- Check your blush and add a bit more if necessary.
The fastest “make-over” I can do for myself is as simple as this:
clean, tone & moisturize face, apply cream blush, swipe some lipgloss and put mascara. Ü
- Before you begin your makeup application, set out everything you need.
- Option for steps no. 1 & 2: Sometimes I find it easy to mix enough amount of my moisturizer and mineral make up foundation and apply it to my face with a stippling brush. Then immediately proceed to step no. 3.
- I intend not to include the use of primer, eyeliner, bronzer, illuminators etc that are optional in this 5-minute make up guide. If you still can’t do your make up with the suggested guide, review the guide if you think there are some points to be ignored, then practice, practice, practice your way of applying make up. It’ll then be as easy as 1-2-3 everyday. Ü